A List Of Outstanding Dissertation Topics In Marketing
If you are tasked with writing a dissertation in marketing, one of the most difficult tasks can be to find an appropriate topic.
Consider the following:
- Write about the influence that advertising has on the behavior of consumers
- Write about the students can be targeted among the mobile phone industry
- Write about how international marketing can use standardization
- Write about the different elements in brand recognition
- Write about the effectiveness of loyalty programs
- Write about the impact that social media has currently on customer purchasing choices
- Write about how to market traditionally male products to females
- Write about the influence that cartoons have on children and what impact this has by extension on parents and their buying choices
Make sure you have two or three potential topics at least which you should research in a quick fashion, just to make sure there exists enough academic information on the topic, and also that the existing academic information does not contrast your point.
Thinking early really helps you to select your topic. If you start thinking over potential topics as soon as your assignment is given to you, you will find that planning and organizing your paper becomes easier, and you have a greater amount of time on your hands.
Brainstorming is one of the best ways to find a good topic. You can use brainstorming as part of your planning process, something that you use regularly from the moment you are given the assignment until you are able to whittle down the perfect idea. For this, you can try exercises such as free write sessions. For these, your job is to set a timer for three to five minutes during which time your pen does not leave the paper and you allow all of your thoughts to flow out. This is incredibly beneficial because the brain only consciously holds on to about seven thoughts at once and students might struggle to come up with an appropriate essay theme if their brain is being clogged up by lists of other things to remember such as a shopping list and the time of your next dentist appointment. But by writing everything down, you clear the way for your subconscious mind to start creatively mulling over potential ideas until you generate a list of things you like. When this timer is up you will find that there is often one or two different ideas that continue to pop up in your writing, a pattern which will serve as the direction for your topic.