Ten Successful Topics For Your Dissertation In Corporate Finance
Working on a corporate finance graduate degree gives you plenty of opportunities to come up with unique topics for a dissertation towards an MBA. Corporate finance deals specifically with how corporations structure their capital and funding sources and how managers work towards increasing the value of shareholders stakes in the company. Here are ten great topics for you to consider for your own or as jumping off points to develop unique ideas:
- Provide a strategic analysis of the various collective investment models prevalent in the U.S. How has each led to success or failure in various industries or markets?
- Discuss the quick development of micro-finance both nationally and internationally. What factors have led to this rapid development and can we predict a slowing to this trend in certain national or international markets?
- Analyze micro-finance in development countries in the Middle East. As the area continues to modernize and follow more Western financial structures, how will micro-finance affect Middle Eastern countries’ role in the global market?
- Provide an analysis of credit access, specifically for the poor, including microcredit and microfinance. Why is it important for nations to provide access to credit in order to maintain financial stability within their borders? How will this affect international relations?
- Provide a comparative study of financial innovation in Asia and Europe. Post-communist countries in Europe and modernizing countries in Asia have taken strategically different paths towards developing finances. What are the key similarities and differences?
- Discuss trends or practices in corporate finance that are globally accepted as necessary towards investment growth. Where do these trends and practices begin to differ and what does that mean towards a truly unified global market?
- Analyze the financial viability of specific finance products that are publically available through local markets. How do these help shape the landscape of local and national markets?
- Discuss the importance of complete access to financial services such as credit to the growth of private investment. How do corporations benefit from this and how can complete access help start-ups and entrepreneurs in the years to come?
- Compare and contrast the constraints in the development of a fully functioning microfinance market in China, Japan and Singapore. What similarities and differences are the most important in determine each nation’s success?
- Analyze the positives and negatives of a partnership between public and private business sectors in the U.S.